Friday, June 18, 2010

Why can't men work with long hair?

I applied for several jobs a couple of days ago.



Now I am a guy with long hair, just to below my shoulders.



I got a call back, and was told i had the job, I knew I would need to cut my hair, but the call back was sudden, and I expected (it being the middle of the week and all) that I could wait till the weekend to get into a decent place that won't screw up my hair. I had even been told by a few of my working buddies, that guys with long hair had gotten jobs, and had cut their hair a few days after working.



So I head up after school, And they look at me, and say my hairs too long.



I was told, That i get it cut THAT DAY, or not to come back.



How was I suppose to get an appointment anywheres that quickly?



Everyone salon in town was closed, and I wasn't about to go get my hair butchered at a barbershop. (none of them in this town can cut hair at all!)



So, I ask, whats wrong with long hair in a grocery store? All the food there is wrapped. why cant i wear a ponytail?



I'm pissed.



Why can't men work with long hair?

Because some guy not wearing his glasses might see you bending over and the long hair and might make some colorfull coments..........Actually I worked grocery and was not even allowed a beard or mustache. They seem to think it is not good reflection of their company. You know the employees look so good with the clip on tie that long hair might spoil it



Why can't men work with long hair?

Long hair is usually a problem (for either men or women) in any enviornment with food. Maybe they think it looks bad on a man, but don't want to tell you that....when I worked in a grocery store, I had to wear my hair in a bun with a hairnet.



Why can't men work with long hair?

Long hair on a guy is perceived by the general public as being sort of scruffy. Not saying that's right, but the manager/owner is thinking of how customers, especially the old ones, will react.



Why can't men work with long hair?

Face it... long hair on guys looks a little dirty. I think that a clean cut would be a lot more conducive to and food based jobs. You probably should have thought ahead while you were looking for a job.



Why can't men work with long hair?

cause its not as clean as short hair. or thats the perception

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
iis web server